When you are on the Bulk Upload page you are able to download the Excel (XLS) empty template . You can either save the file or open the document. It will open within Excel.
We recommend that you download a new template each time you use the bulk upload facility as it will be reflective of the most up-todate mandatory fields required by the system.
There are examples of good and bad completion on the Bulk Upload webpage.
There are some fields that are marked with an * this is because they are mandatory requirements. When you open the spreadsheet you will see the following fields.
When you have completed all of the required fields on the spreadsheet and you are sure that all the apprentice names are correctly spelt, you will need to save the document as a CSV Comma Delimited file. To do this:
• Select the Save As option within Excel.
• Under the selection Save As you will see that a drop down menu appears. Select the CSV Comma delimited (you can see that there are several different CSV formats only the comma delimited will work).
• Give the file a relevant filename and save to a suitable drive/directory/folder location.
• You will be asked if you want to keep the file in this format, select Yes.
Now the file is in the CSV file format, return to the Bulk Upload page of the ACW website.
• Select Choose File , a pop up box will appear that will allow you to navigate to the location where you saved the CSV file. Once you have selected the correct file, click the Open button which will transfer the file path to the Choose a File field in ACW and then click the Upload button .
• The ACW system will upload and convert the information from the CSV file.
• Any records that do not comply to the requirements will be shown in a summary field and the error will be highlighted in red.
Please note that when there are issues with the file upload, none of the apprentice’s records will be saved to the system. You will need to correct the errors and upload the whole file again.
Only when all of the spreadsheet data has been accepted by the system, and it is showing as green, will the uploaded data be saved onto the ACW system.
• Now that the apprentices records have been created, you will need to search and go to individual records to add the framework information and upload the required evidence of achievement to the Certification Evidence tab. This will need to be done before you submit a certificate claim.
If you have loaded a large number of apprentices you may find it beneficial to download the ACW reference numbers numbers for the apprentices records. In order to do this:
• Select the Apprentices tab.
• Enter the date that you uploaded the bulk upload file into both the Registration Date (from) and Registration Date (to) and search.
The system will then show all apprentices loaded that day. You can then extend the amount of apprentices per page up to 100 and either export all or work your way through the list. If you choose to export all you will need to do this for every page and the system will create a file that you can open in excel which displays the ACW number for each apprentice.
If using the Bulk Upload facility the system will NOT be able to pick up on duplicate apprentice records. Therefore it is important that you check you are not loading apprentices twice.