The content of this Pathway has been agreed by the expert Steering Group facilitated by ECA. This is the only Fire and Security Systems Installation Apprenticeship approved for use in Wales that is eligible for Welsh Government funding.
This Apprenticeship is suitable for learners who:
- are aged 16+ currently working in the trade area
- have passed all relevant sector specific entry assessments (where appropriate)
- may have achieved one or more of the following (or recognised equivalent):
- Foundation in Construction and the Built Environment qualification at Level 2
- Progression in Building Services Engineering qualification at Level 2
- Welsh Baccalaureate National Diploma
- GCSE grade A-C in each of the following:- a communication subject, maths and either a science or technical-based subject (e.g. Design & Technology, Electronics etc)
- GCSE grade A*-C in WJEC GCSE Built Environment
- Level 2 ‘Access to Building Services Engineering’ qualificationNo individual should be refused access to an initial assessment on the basis of educational qualifications alone.